Location: Prineville, Oregon
Internal Number: R1013690
ST. CHARLES MEDICAL GROUP
PHYSICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Family Medicine Physician
REPORTS TO POSITION: Clinical Division Director
DEPARTMENT: St. Charles Family Care
DATE LAST REVIEWED: December 20, 2021
OUR VISION: Creating America's healthiest community, together
OUR MISSION: In the spirit of love and compassion, better health, better care, better value
OUR VALUES: Accountability, Caring and Teamwork
POSITION OVERVIEW: Family Medicine Physician, under the supervision of the Physician Site Lead, provides medical and appropriate basic surgical care to patients. Such care includes evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and documentation. Coordinates medical, surgical, ancillary, nursing, and other services to achieve the best and most cost-effective outcomes for patients under his/her care. Create treatment plans that incorporate therapy, medication, nutritional changes or surgery to manage patient illnesses and injuries. Monitor patients' recovery and refer them to specialists based on their assessment of patients' progress and condition.
Work location: St. Charles Family Care Clinic Prineville (384 SE Combs Flat Rd, Prineville, OR 97754)
Work schedule: Physician will work a minimum 40 hours per week with 36 hours of direct patient contact time and the remainder necessary to complete administrative tasks involved in patient care (i.e., chart notes, phone calls, medication refills, test results, etc).. Scheduled days may vary depending on clinic operating days and hours.
Call expectation: Physician will be expected to participate in the clinic call rotation which may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays and scheduled in coordination with other providers in the call group. Physician may provide back up and expertise support as needed when APP is on call.
Madras Call Expectation:
- If providing hospital coverage: Will include hospitalist week, weekend, and night shifts which are evenly distributed amongst the hospital providers (currently 1:7 but subject to change).
- If providing obstetrics: Will cover their own deliveries and those of their partners if available/needed. When covering the hospital, will manage all unassigned OB patients.
- If cesarean section provider: Will provide OB backup for surgical obstetrics to be shared amongst all surgical providers (currently 1:4, subject to change).
- May be required to cover shifts for other St. Charles Family Care clinics if situation warrants it.
Prineville Call Expectation:
- Shared inpatient hospitalist coverage Monday-Friday 7am to 5pm, one in every 7 or 8 weeks.
- Additional weekend coverage of inpatient may be assigned based on coverage needs if situation warrants it.
- May be required to cover shifts for other St. Charles Family Care clinics if situation warrants it.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: Robust outpatient primary care clinic with embedded behavioral health, clinical pharmacy, population health and care management. St. Charles Medical Group is a comprehensive network of more than 250 providers that covers a complete range of primary care as well as more than 20 subspecialties. Family medicine is the medical specialty which provides continuing, comprehensive health care for the individual and family. It is a specialty in breadth that integrates the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences. The scope of family medicine encompasses all ages, sexes, genders, organ systems and disease entities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Practice and role model excellence in the Family Practice domains of diagnosis, aligning treatment goals to patient values, definitive treatment, supportive care treatment, follow-up care, promote good health and prevent illness.
- Practice evidence-based Family Medicine within the scope of license, training and credentialing. Cooperate with other SCHS physicians and caregivers to insure optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Collaborate with other members of the SCMG Family Medicine care team, Specialty care provider teams and referring providers to ensure a world-class patient experience.
- Provide a therapeutic presence in service to others by purposefully responding to the needs of patients/customers in a caring way. This includes introducing oneself and stating your purpose, asking the patient their preferred name, spending time with the patient to determine their care goals, active listening, and using skillful communications (appropriate touch, eye contact, etc.).
- Prescribes medications in accordance with SCHS policies and procedures for medication administration. Accurately document, code and bill for all patient care in the EHR or on the appropriate form in a timely manner and in compliance with SCMG defined standards.Participates in clinic call duties and responsibilities.
- Perform procedures commensurate with competencies Support the delivery, measurement and improvement of quality health measures as identified by SCMG.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity with the organization, as required or assigned.
- May review and approve chart notes for APPs as needed
- APP JD:
- Consults with Care Team Pharmacist on behalf of poly-pharmacy patients or regarding medication efficacy.
- Consults with Care Team Psychiatrist regarding appropriate prescribing of psychotropic medications..
- Interpret and report on diagnostic tests in a timely manner in compliance with SCMG defined Standards. This should not exceed 72 hours for Urgent and 7 days for Routine diagnostics.
- Provide education for patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues and use of the prescribed medical treatment and/or equipment.
- Acts as a leader and supports departmental goals and the vision, mission and values of the St. Charles Health System in all respects.
- Provides customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Creates a healing environment that supports all aspects of care, respects the wholeness of the individual, and demonstrates therapeutic presence through attitudes and behaviors that enhance the safety and care experience for patients, caregivers and guests.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change; Contribute as necessary to assist in policy formation for the organization.
- Participates in creating intentional relationships and put a high level of focus on attitudes and behaviors that enhance the care experience.
- Is familiar with the organization structure, communications systems and billing process, completing billing and coding documentation within time assigned.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standard of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the health system's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all health system's investigations and proceedings.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and unrestricted to maintain privileges at a St. Charles Health System hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Increases understanding and collaboration throughout the medical community.
- Maintain compliance of hospital's Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, as required by SCHS Board of Directors.
- Graduation from an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school
- Successful completion of an accredited residency program in Physician's chosen specialty (ies).
- Successful completion of additional educational programs necessary to enable Physician to acquire and maintain privileges to perform the range of services contemplated. This includes board eligibility/certification in the specialty being practiced.
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. education in-services as required.
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory bodies.
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning modules.
- Current license as MD / DO.
- Board certified or eligible in Physician's chosen specialty. Those applicants who are not board certified at the time of application but who have completed their residency or fellowship training are required to become board certified within seven years of residency or fellowship training.
- Unrestricted Federal DEA number.
- Unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare / Medicaid, or other federal or state governmental health care programs.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to meet SCHS driving requirements.
- Current BLS certification required.
- If provider will practice sedation, moderate or deep, ACLS certification is also required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on privileges granted to provider by Medical Staff Services at SCHS Inpatient locations.
- Oregon license as MD / DO.
- Federal DEA number registered in Oregon.
- 0-2 years of post-residency experience in Family Medicine.
- Experience using EHR (Electronic Health Records) software.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St. Charles Health System.
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected results.
- 2+ years of post-residency experience in Family Medicine.
- Experience in both inpatient and outpatient practice environments
- Epic EHR software experience.
- Familiar with Medical Home Care model.
- Knowledge of Quality Measures, data collection and outcome review and improvement.
Experience with providing, documenting and billing Annual Medicare Wellness Visits.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
- Family Care is the foundation of services provided within St. Charles Health System. Our goal is to support the quadruple aim of improved population health, reduced care costs, satisfied patients and satisfied providers.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
Continually (75% or more)
- Standing & Walking
- Keyboard Operation
- Using a Clear and Audible Speaking Voice
- Hearing at Normal Speech Levels.
- Lifting, Carrying & Pushing / Pulling up to 25 lbs.
- Bending, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching
- Lifting, Carrying & Pushing / Pulling 25lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Grasping / Squeezing
- Hearing at Whispered Speech Levels
- Climbing Stairs
- Exposure to Wet / Slippery areas
- Exposure to Chemical Solutions
**Nothing in this job description is intended, nor shall be interpreted, as a grant or approval of medical staff membership or clinical privileges. By law and applicable accreditation standards, medical staff membership and clinical privileges can be granted or approved only by a hospital's medical staff and governing body. Employment processes and requirements, which are governed primarily by the human resources policies of St. Charles, are separate and distinct from medical staff membership and clinical privileging processes and requirements, which are governed primarily by the bylaws and policies of the hospital medical staff. Accordingly, employed physicians and providers of St. Charles are required at all relevant times not only to satisfy the requirements and perform the duties set forth in this job description, but, also, to satisfy the requirements and perform the duties for obtaining and maintain appropriate medical staff membership and clinical privileges.
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time: