Location: Bend, Oregon
Internal Number: R1014271
ST. CHARLES HEALTH SYSTEM
TITLE: Clinical Psychologist - Rehabilitation
REPORTS TO POSITION: Rehabilitation Supervisor or Manager
DATE LAST REVIEWED: March 3, 2022
OUR VISION: Creating America's healthiest community, together
OUR MISSION: In the spirit of love and compassion, better health, better care, better value
OUR VALUES: Accountability, Caring and Teamwork
DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY: The Rehabilitation Department provides therapy and nursing services to patients, families and patient's caregivers including; Rehabilitation Nursing Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology. Our department operates as a system department and provides services to Acute Care, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility and Outpatient settings across four campuses. Our Rehabilitation departments offer a variety of specialty services across the various services delivery areas.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provides psychology services to Rehabilitation programs, including direct assessment and treatment, program development, and is a resource to the teams for complex issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Plans and provides psychological assessment and treatment programs.
- Advises and consults as a resource to rehab teams, other rehab professionals and physicians.
- Prepares reports for patient records and summary reports on psychology services.
- Develops psychology programs to meet the needs of the changing organization and changes in health care delivery.
- Provides the team with interpretation of assessment results and makes pertinent recommendations.
- Provides community resource knowledge and referral service.
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Care Team to assure patient care is accomplished effectively and efficiently in a cost-effective manner. When appropriate, participates in clinical care conferencing.
- Gathers data and accurately documents information in a timely manner demonstrating compliance with departmental and SCHS policies and regulations.
- Participates with team members in facilitating patient's and family's learning throughout the continuum of care. Reinforces patient's continued health care through teaching and/or referral to community agency follow-up.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Lean principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
Required: PhD level education in field of Psychology; Educational or counseling Psychology, or possession of an earned doctorate degree deemed equivalent by Oregon regulations pertaining to Psychology licensure.
Required: Licensed to practice psychology in the state of Oregon. Current CPR Certification required. Valid Oregon driver's license and ability to meet SCHS driving requirements.
Required: Minimum of 3 years of post-doctoral Psychiatric experience in a medical setting.
Preferred: One year rehabilitative services preferred.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
Additional Skills Needed
- Demonstrates St. Charles Health System values of Accountability, Caring and Teamwork in every interaction.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St. Charles Health System.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within St. Charles Health System and external customers/clients/potential employees.
- Strong team working and collaborative skills.
- Ability to effectively reach consensus with a diverse population with differing needs.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Performs basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) calculations.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Basic to intermediate ability and experience in computer applications, specifically electronic medical records system and MS Office.
- Continually (75% or more): Use of clear and audible speaking voice and the ability to hear normal speech level.
- Frequently (50%): Sitting, keyboard operation.
- Occasionally (25%): Standing, walking, bending, stooping/kneeling/crouching, climbing stairs, reaching overhead, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing, operation of a motor vehicle, ability to hear whispered speech level.
- Never (0%): Climbing ladder/step-stool, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 11-50 pounds.
- Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Occasionally (25%): Chemical solution for Laboratory Caregivers.
- Rarely (10%): Wet/slippery area.
- Never (0%): Heat, cold, noise, dust, vibration, chemical solution, uneven surface.
- Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category
- Risk for Exposure to BBP
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time: