Providence is calling a Pharmacy Compliance and Product Management Coordinator to Providence Murray Business Center in Beaverton, OR.
In this position, you will:
Role in Pharmacy Program Compliance Requirements:
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of plan-wide compliance activities for all pharmacy benefit products offered by Providence Health Plans (PHP).
- Serve as an internal consultant to senior leadership, management, and staff at PHP and Providence Health & Services (PHS) regarding pharmacy programs, policies, benefits, and associated administrative rules specific to the application of pharmacy prescription drug benefits for the health plans membership in Oregon, Washington, California, Alaska, Montana and such other states that health plan membership may reside.
- Consult with Pharmacy Director and PHP management regarding pharmacy practice and public policy issues affecting Pharmacy Benefit Management
Role in PHP Pharmacy Product Benefit Management:
- Recognize PHP's requirement to maintain compliance in all matters of pharmacy benefit administration.
- Be responsible for serving with PHP sales and marketing representatives and managers, as well as operational managers, and other staff work teams and committees charged with the evaluation, design, development, implementation, and on-going assessment of pharmacy products offered to employer groups and individuals for every type of product offered by Providence Health Plans.
- Be the lead implementation coordinator for all new custom pharmacy benefits and pharmacy projects and programs designed to enhance the overall effectiveness of pharmacy benefit administration.
- Serve as an internal consultant to Pharmacy Director, Sales Directors, and other managers regarding all aspects of the pharmacy program as they relate to provision of pharmacy services to employers and their employees.
- Also serve as an external consultant to employer groups regarding pharmacy benefit design and opportunities to manage prescription drug costs.
- Be expected to maintain a working knowledge of Providence Health & Services, including Providence Health Plans goals and objectives as well as strategic initiatives pertaining to provision of pharmacy services within health plans.
- Be expected to perform all duties in a manner that promotes inter and intra-departmental coordination while reflecting the PHS mission, philosophy, and core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence, and stewardship.
- Be in a position that supports a 24 hour 7 day per week "point-of-service pharmacy prescription claim system" the position is required to be available on call per the departments defined schedule and to have systems and processes in place for contingency needs in the event of natural or other health care related disasters when need for medications will be escalated.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- National Certification as Pharmacy Technician within 1 year of employment, coupled with licensure in Oregon as a Pharmacy Technician
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, or healthcare related field
- 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree, -or- associate's degree with additional 4 years experience
- 5 years in healthcare service field as a business analyst, project manager, compliance coordinator, or pharmacy technician responsible for pharmacy benefit administration
- Demonstrated successful and progressive staff or management experience
- Strong computer skills including National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) standards knowledge, data entry, and file transfer knowledge
- Proficient knowledge and ability to utilize all Microsoft Office software – including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to utilize Argus Health Systems tools, CMS electronic tools for uploading, and Facets or other major claims processing system
- Medication and drug product category training and medical terminology
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience and extensive knowledge in regulatory matters pertaining to Medicare Part D and pharmacy operations
- Managed care pharmacy experience
- Employed within the pharmacy services team of a health plan or pharmacy benefit manager
- Project management, Six Sigma, Change Acceleration Process (CAP), LEAN, and Work Out training and experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Health Plans
Req ID: 151105