Providence is calling a Business Systems Analyst 3 to Providence Health Plans in Beaverton, OR.
The Providence Health Plan (PHP) is part of the integrated delivery system of Providence Health & Services. We provide and administer health coverage to more than 600,000 members nationwide, responding to the needs of the community by offering insurance for commercial groups, Medicare, Medicaid and individuals and families.
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst 3 to identify the gap between the core applications and what is being asked for by the business and drive collaboration between vendors, partners, architects, project managers and team members. If you want to work with a team that strives for quality while making a clear, real-world impact in people's lives, join us!
- Work/Life Balance – We mean that! It is important to us that you maintain life outside of work, so that when you are here you perform your best.
- New implementations – There has been a sea of change as one of the largest insurers in Oregon. We have aggressive growth strategies and are redefining our internal architecture and process with more exciting innovative work to follow.
- Collaborative Agile Environment – We have 13 agile teams to support our IS department. This position will support one or more of those teams!
In this position, you will:
- Provide system and project support related to Information Services activities.
- Work with customers, vendors, consultants, and other Information Services staff to elicit and document requirements of various types of initiatives supporting all departments within PHP.
- Mentor team on how to analyze current and proposed processes.
- Other responsibilities include: project support, troubleshoot reports/extracts, create well-formed user stories in TFS, collect, organize and document user feedback.
- Develop supporting documentation including but not limited to process workflows, mapping documents security configurations, batch job documentation, change requests, SQL queries, use cases, mock ups, acceptance criteria and SharePoint pages.
- Perform duties as a member of a Scrum or Kanban agile team responsible to: adhere to team agreements, attend team ceremonies, proactively contribute to ensure team successfully completes all commitments for each sprint and advocate for team.
- Possess an understanding of the Providence Health & Services and Information Services goals and strategies.
- Provide on call support about every 8 weeks.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor degree and 4 years of industry related experience -or-
- Associate degree and 6 years of industry related experience -or-
- 8 years of industry related experience
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of multiple Facets subsystems (i.e., Claims, Membership, Benefit, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience making presentations
- Experience with network operating systems
- Experience with communication and interface protocols
- Experience providing leadership, guidance, and assistance
- Ability to take leadership role in addressing system related issues
- May be considered as a Team Lead and documented as such as an addendum to this job description
Preference given to candidates with the following:
- Healthcare experience a must
- Ability to read, create, troubleshoot and implement SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft – Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Previous Scrum Master experience
- Experience working with offshore resources
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 151083