Providence is calling a Business Intelligence Architect to Providence Health Plan in Beaverton, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Design, develop, and deploy business intelligence (BI) end user tools and artifacts that enable business and clinical users to make informed decisions with actionable data.
- Determine BI tools direction, facilitate team decision-making on which tools to use when, and explain and demonstrate the capabilities of the tools to business and clinical leadership.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of trends in business intelligence and data warehousing, mobile BI capabilities, visualization and the visual display of quantitative information.
- Serve as an expert resource on the Providence Health Plan Business Intelligence team.
- Work with Information Services (IS) Engineering team to design, install, configure, optimize, and upgrade BI tools.
- Determine standards and best practices for other developers throughout the organization.
- Work cross-functionally with other developers, system administrators, business, and clinical users to deploy solutions.
- Work effectively with technical and non-technical staff. The technical environment includes Microsoft BI, SQL Server, SharePoint, and other similar tools.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative or Computer Science (CS) discipline and 7-8 years related experience.
- Expert Structured Query Language (SQL) skills.
- 8 years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Business Intelligence tools for report and dashboard publication.
- Proven experience in determining best practices for presentation of quantitative information to non-technical audiences and the ability to explain and demonstrate technologies to non-technical stakeholders and leaders.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Familiarity with other BI tools suites.
- 2 years of experience in a lead technical or architect role on a large enterprise business intelligence team with multiple concurrent technology implementations.
- 4 years of experience with HTML/CSS/JS web technologies. Experience with C#.
- Experience working in a matrix environment with multiple business locations.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Health Plans
Req ID: 145214