Providence is calling an Epic Application Analyst 2 - Lab to Providence Health & Services in Portland OR, Renton WA, Burbank CA and Anchorage AK
Providence Health & Services is implementing Epic, a patient-centered clinical information system across our health care network in Alaska, California, Oregon, Montana, and Washington. We are adopting the entire suite of Epic modules, so we need people with diverse skills sets and backgrounds from all fields. Epic is a leader in clinical informatics and this project implementation supports our efforts to integrate clinical and financial records across multiple care settings. Your skills and talent on this implementation will help Providence continue to provide each patient with high-quality affordable care in the communities we serve.
In this position you will:
- Analyze system requirements and determine system functional specifications. Gather requirements, provide fit gap analysis and create effective technical solutions for the business needs. Design, validate and confirm new or changed functionality with the Epic environment that meets customer specifications. Develop and modify system configurations that meet design requirements.
- Provide complex qualitative and quantitative analysis on data and information collected as part of application requirement gathering. Understand and translate the business functionality into Epic system configuration and workflow validations.
- Provide consulting support for customized implementation and installation of the software and related integration elements. Prioritize system build efforts. Proactively identify impact of changes upon other applications and downstream systems. Update Change Control schedule with upcoming production releases.
- Lead large groups to make key decisions.
- Work closely with business users and application team to design, build and execute a comprehensive integration and user acceptance test plan and scripts. Conduct most phases of testing: unit, assembly, integration and user acceptance tests.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation and training materials for application implementation and changes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 or more years industry related experience (healthcare, information services, or within applicable area)
- Epic certification will be required within 90 days of training
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Epic certification- Beaker and Orders preferred
- Clinical experience
- Project management experience
- Previous Epic experience
- Experience in information services
About the department you will serve.
Providence Health and Services - Information Services (PHS IS) is the organization responsible for delivering technology solutions and support to Providence, Swedish, and aligned providers and clinics. The organization is critical for Providence to drive toward common clinical and administrative processes, best practices, superior quality outcomes, a common brand and user experience, and affordability. IS is a service community fostering healthcare intelligence and care transformation. IS delivers responsive, reliable, innovative results that help Providence be where patients want their care, where people want to work, a source of community pride, and a place others want to join.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Other Location(s): California-Burbank, Washington-Renton, Alaska-Anchorage
Req ID: 146690