Samaritan Health Services (OR), a non-profit integrated health care delivery system is seeking a Medical Director.
- Provides leadership in the affairs of clinical practices.
- Advises and makes recommendations to the VP of Primary & Specialty Care Practices/site CEO regarding long range planning and assists in the development and maintenance of annual objectives and long term goals.
- Provides guidance and leadership for the development and improvement of clinical care guidelines.
- Provides for leadership development within the medical community.
- Responsible for the delivery of annual review of primary care providers.
- Participates in the recruitment and retention process for primary care providers.
- Supports and participates in continuous quality improvement throughout the corporation.
- Participates in all appropriate committee and clinic meetings.
- Works collaboratively to integrate policies, practices and services within SHS through involvement with various individuals and committees in a participative manner.
- Addresses physician behavior and impairment issues in collaboration with Administration.
- Provides input on transformation effects on primary care.
- Accepts and performs other work as assigned.
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, possible loan repayment, paid malpractice, CME days plus allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefits package.
Nestled between the Coast Range and the beautiful blue Pacific Ocean, Newport boasts some of the most breathtaking scenery on the central Oregon Coast with cast stretches of rugged cliffs, lush vegetation and sandy beaches. The temperate coastal climate allows for a variety of activities year-round including hiking, whale watching, golfing, shopping, deep-sea fishing and surfing.
As the largest city in Lincoln County with 10,000 residents, Newport hosts a variety of cultural events through an active performing arts center and museums rich in history. Families and tourists alike can appreciate the banquet of activities, culture and natural beauty Newport offers.
For more information or to apply, please visit www.samhealth.org/docjobs or contact Veronica McShane at email@example.com or 541-768-4466.